I wear no uniforms, no blues or greens.

But I am in the Navy in the ranks rarely seen.

I have no rank upon my shoulders - salutes I do not give

But the military world is the place where I live

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Whoa Baby...

So the other day I got maternity pictures done by a professional photographer...
It was kind of weird because I wanted Lovey to be there with me. We are getting couples maternity pictures done when he gets home; as well as family pictures, but still...
The theme of the shoot was "Sailor Baby", and I love the pictures. But it's still bittersweet.
Each picture that I look at, I think of how the picture would look with his arms wrapped around me, him kissing my belly, and lovingly holding it...holding his son.
The pictures were taken for him. The photographer was a Navy Wife who knew he was deployed and was gearing the shoot towards that. To show how much we love, miss, and support him.
But at the same time, it just feels like I'm showing him what he has missed...I wasn't showing when he left for this deployment...I was throwing up from morning sickness....everything I smelled was horrible, and I never wanted to leave the couch.
I'm grateful he is coming home to ME again, not the sickly me, but me....just now the size of a house...:0)
It's hard to no think for a second that he's going to run the other way when he steps off that bus and sees that I look like I swallowed another person.....I know he looks at pictures on his computer of me everyday and I don't look like that now.
With our daughter, I didn't show until my 9th month, so a beach ball in front of me is completely foreign.
I haven't gained much weight but this belly grows every week....this boy is getting BIG!!
I just hope that he gets off that bus and hugs me and kisses me and says "Hi beautiful"....and he still means it.
~*~ Military SO's are in the ranks rarely seen ~*~

1 comment:

  1. The pictures look great from what I see!! I'm sure he will still think you are beautiful regardless =)

    ReplyDelete